25 minutes ago
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Welcome to a mommy blogger carnival!
Step right up and try to knock down a mom blogger with a squirt gun!
Ha, ha, this isn't that type of carnival. This is a blogging event that happens every two weeks; the host blogger collects posts from other mom bloggers, the favorite ones they've written in the last four weeks (one apiece). Then she compiles them all into one handy post and, well, here we are! I first found out about the Best of The Mommy Bloggers carnival on A Modern Mother, and thought it would be an interesting thing to do.
As the saying goes, it's my carnival and I'll post if I want to (or something like that), so I'll start with my proudest moment in the last few weeks: A Bill of Rights For Parents of Kids With Special Needs. Now, onto all of you:
• Chloe over at Son Time Now: A Boys Toys Blog has lots of helpful ideas for getting rid of unwanted toys.
• I dare you not to relate to this sweet post about missing the sound of silence from Sam at Mum's the Boss.
• This rambling, rambunctious post by Laura at Wife of Bold has a moment of "I can't believe my child said that" you will never forget.
• Need ideas for toys to take on long trips? Victoria's got great ones!
• Kate writes honestly and movingly about her fears for her son's future.
• Sandy recalls loving memories of Elvis and Johnny Cash at Baby Baby.
• Do you love what you do? That's the provocative question Antonia Chitty raises at Family Friendly Working.
• Carol at New Mummy gushes about her seven-month-old's accomplishments.
• Mom-to-be Lyla from Globetrotting Bride has absolutely adorable photos of her wedding rings perched on random outdoor objects—my favorite is them atop a cactus.
• And over at Elizabeth Ann, Angi has a powerful post about refusing to accept there is no cure for her daughter's physical disabilities.
Photo by Erica Dorian
Posted by Ellen Seidman at 1:00 AM