11 hours ago
Monday, June 29, 2009
Monday Morning Confessional
It's been awhile since I've done one of these—you know, because I've been so good. But I've got a few things to get off my chest:
* On Sunday, Max's diet consisted of: one jelly donut, one mini chocolate donut, chocolate ice-cream, one half of a pickle, apple juice, a baked potato with sour cream and one half of a jelly donut. This sounds like The Very Hungry Caterpillar, doesn't it?
* My diet wasn't that much better.
* This week I told the kids I couldn't find the Madagascar DVD because I couldn't bear to watch that damn movie one more time.
* Max has been saying "Daddy" for a while now. I've been happy about that...and jealous. When he finally came out with a really clear "Mommy" the other week, I was ecstatic.
* My sister's having a baby in September (a girl!); my good friend Lyla's baby (another girl!) is due soon after. Whenever I see either one of them, I desperately miss being pregnant. Is that strange? I loved pregnancy.
* I often eavesdrop when Sabrina has conversations with other kids because I am so continuously fascinated by her ability to talk.
* I still haven't gotten around to getting prints of our Disney cruise photos made for the kids. Ah, photo guilt.
* I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
Got anything you'd like to confess?
Update: A few months ago, I signed up to host a Best of the Mommy Bloggers carnival. Well, it's tomorrow! Send me a favorite post you've written in the last four weeks—zap it to LoveThatMax@gmail.com. I'll gather them and run them tomorrow. Bring 'em on!
Photo by Gregory Pleau
Posted by Ellen Seidman at 12:04 AM