4 hours ago
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
How I didn't get sick all winter (till now)
Props to Kate for yesterday's informative, overall terrific post. I am definitely putting some of those strategies into practice with Max.
So, I'm coming down with something—watery eyes, weak knees, feverish. Amazing thing is, this is the first time I have been sick the entire season. Seriously. Even the kids, aside from one ear infection (Sabrina), a bad cold (Max) and a cough (Sabrina), haven't had it so bad. Dave only got sick once with a cold, though in typical man form it was like he'd come down with malaria or something.
I've been pondering why it is that I've escaped all the plagues that have befallen friends and coworkers, and here is exactly what I think did the trick:
• I have not been eating right.
• I have hardly been exercising.
• I have most certainly not been obsessively cleaning my hands with Purell. Or doing much of anything to sanitize the house.
• I regularly kiss my germ-laden kids on the lips.
• I have let them sneeze on me. Once, Sabrina deposited a booger right on my hand. You know, just because.
• I have done the twelve-minute walk to my morning train with wet hair, an open coat and no hat.
• I have been staying up till all hours to blog/catch up on American Idol/generally loll away my life in front of some sort of media...
• ...and then I've been getting up at 6:45 a.m. for work.
So, there you have it. Try my plan! Maybe it'll work for you!
Mom, please calm down.
Photo of random adorable dog by Nashthebean