4 minutes ago
Monday, November 17, 2008
Monday Morning Confessional: My uncool self
I was talking with my friend Brooke the other day about minivans. Last month, Dave and I bit the suburban bullet and bought a Toyota Sienna. Brooke told me that when she and her husband went to pick up their Honda Odyssey, she burst into tears at the dealership because she felt she was passing into the land of the uncool. I felt the same pang of despair when we got ours—you can't get a much uncooler car than a minivan. It's roomy, it's convenient, it goes BEEEEP! BEEEEP! BEEEEP! if you're about to bump into something when you're parking, but it's undeniably uncool.
Here are some other uncool things about me:
• My idea of Zen is organizing things.
• I own a pair of Bass Weejuns I've had since college. And I still wear them on weekends.
• When Sabrina talk-whines, I'll talk-whine back at her just so she can see how annoying it is.
• I still think Tom Cruise is hot. (Note, Dave does not have a problem with this. I'm not sure how Katie Holmes feels, though.)
• I raid the kids' snacks at night.
• I have checks with pastel-colored pictures on them.
• I've used Wite-Out to touch up stuff around the house.
It's all shocking, I know. Your turn: What's uncool about you?