Have you been thinking about summer? I have. Specifically, I have been envisioning getting into a bathing suit. And feeling a little wistful that the snowstorms and 9 degree days are gone, because now there's just no getting out of the bathing suit thing.
This is why I have been eating a whole lot of salad lately. Romaine lettuce with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms (one of those veggies that's so satisfying it seems like it should be bad for you), red peppers, baby broccoli florets and a sprinkling of Bac-Os. Yum. The road to heaven is paved with Bac-Os. I also add a couple tablespoons of dressing; if I'm eating my greens, I deserve it.
I'm loving the new Mediterranean Italian flavor Wish-Bone sent me in the above basket, which has feta cheese and lemon and just the right amount of tang (60 calories for two tablespoons). And there's none of that high fructose corn syrup crap. Dave is partial to the Superfruit Berry Vinaigrette with pomegranate juice, which has a slightly sweet taste. The Bruschetta Italian is all tomatoe-y/basil-y; I've been drizzling it over balls of baby mozzarella. Yum. The road to heaven is also paved with little balls of mozzarella.
I have one Wish-Bone basket of goodies to give away, valued at $100, to anyone else who is planning to wear a bathing suit this summer, or who just likes some good-tasting salad. It includes:
• One salad spinner
• A $25 gift certificate to buy salad stuff
• A Fit & Fresh salad container for leftovers
• A vegetable peeler
• Three 16 oz. bottles of Wish-Bone dressing: Bruschetta Italian, Superfruit Berry Vinaigrette and Mediterranean Italian
To enter, just answer the q: What are your favorite items to put in a salad?
• Follow Love That Max on Twitter
• Like Love That Max on Facebook
• Tweet about this giveaway (one a day). Here's a tweet: Win a $100 Wish-Bone gift basket from @LoveThatMax (and a new waistline!), ends 4/18, http://tinyurl.com/317n68u
• Swing by and make me a salad. Kid-ding!
This giveaway is open till 11:59 p.m. EST on 4/18. Leave your email address if it is not visible on your blog, as my ESP is on the blink.
Update: The winer is cpage2323. Happy salad-making!