1 hour ago
Monday, March 9, 2009
Monday Morning Confessional
* My sister (Aunt Judy) is pregnant! I am beyond thrilled. Happily, my sister-in-law, Emily, is also knocked up, so Max and Sabrina are due to have two little cousins soon. All the baby news has been making me think, If we're going to have another kid, we need to do it soon. We just can't make up our minds. The lovely economy has not been making our decision any easier.
* Dave was snoring so loudly last night that I shoved him to wake him up. I did. I am going to add a button to Max's speech device that proclaims "Stop snoring!" and leave it on our nightstand and press it as necessary.
* Some little girl Sabrina knows told Sabrina that she has a big belly. (Sabrina does have an adorable pot belly, a perfectly acceptable thing to have at four years old.) When Sabrina mentioned it to me, I wanted to tell her to tell this child, "My belly rocks and you're a puny, whiny, boring kid. Now be nice or I'll sit on you." Instead, I simply told Sabrina that her belly is just perfect, and kissed it and kissed it till she laughed.
* I am thinking of doing irrevocable damage to Max's Wall-E DVD. If you've had to sit through Wall-E more than once, you will understand why.
* I went to the paint store this weekend to check out possibilities for a room I'm redoing and walked out with an insane amount of color sample strips. Why why why are there so many shades of blue? There is probably a "Wanted" poster of me at the paint store.
* Max's school is having a Gertrude Hawk Chocolate sale that ends this Friday, and I have not been a model salesperson. I've sold four boxes—to our babysitter and Dave's mom. It is looking like I am going to have to order a bazillion boxes of chocolate myself. Which is not going to help with Sabrina's belly situation. Or mine.
Got something to confess?
Posted by Ellen Seidman at 12:01 AM