The kids were totally amusing this week and making me laugh, when I wasn't haunted by dreams of being chased by a giant wedge of cheese I shoplifted from the grocery store.
• Max decided to toy with me last night. As we were talking about Halloween, all of a sudden he said "Car wash." And I was all, "We don't have that car wash anymore!" But then he flashed me a grin and said "CARS 2!" I already got the overpriced Lightning McQueen outfit for him and the headset.
• Sabrina is still loving her cast, and milking it for all its worth. She has decorated her room with the x-rays taken of her wrist. Yes, they are hanging on her walls.
• She has this habit of sticking out her tongue in photos. I have to say, it cracks me up (but I stifle my giggles and say, seriously, "Please don't do that" and then she'll stop).
• Max's favorite new sentence to say on his iPad: "Max eats chocolate ice-cream for breakfast!" Nice try there, buddy.
• You know how Max has had that habit of crashing in our bed in the middle of the night? For two years now? This week, he walked into my room at 1:30 a.m., woke me up, grabbed my hand and made me crash in his bed. Now I'm making housecalls.
• Sabrina has a new wall calendar and every morning, after she wakes up, she puts a big X through the day. The only activity she has noted down for entire month? "Pizza Day," at her school.
• The other night, as I was tucking Max in, I told him that I loved him. He shook his head.
"You don't love Mommy?" I asked.
"Nooooooo," he said.
"You don't love Daddy?"
"You don't love Sabrina?"
"OK, who do you love?"
"AYE-LEH!" he said, triumphantly, his best friend at school.
I did not take it personally. I will not require therapy.
How have your kids recently amused you? Link up a post! Just type in the name of the post (not the name of your blog) and the direct URL to the post, click enter, and leave a comment if you'd like. Then we can all visit each other and relish all that cuteness.