24 minutes ago
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Back To School Giveaway: Win a $75 Staples gift card
You've heard about my CVS addiction and my Target shopping therapy; well, I have a Staples habit, too. I genuinely enjoy checking out notebooks; browsing markers, crayons and special pens; taking in the glorious Post-it colors; and fondling folders and otherwise fantasizing about the many ways I can organize myself...someday.
I'd never noticed that Staples had a fair amount of eco-friendly products, too, until a recent event at a store. There's everything from notebooks made of sustainable materials to scissors made with recycled plastic., along with a Staples EcoEasy site that lists products with a green bent.
I have really clear memories of shopping for back-to-school stuff as a kid, and of teachers giving ridiculously detailed instructions about supplies (single-topic, spiral-bound notebook that has a pocket in front). I can also vividly picture standing with my parents and sister on the street, waiting for the school bus to show up on my first day of first grade. I was wearing my favorite red dress...which I proceeded to wear every single day that week.
How about you—what are your most vivid back-to-school memories? Share them below, and you'll be entered to win one of two $75 Staples gift cards.
For bonus entries...
• Like Staples on Facebook.
• Like Love That Max on Facebook
• Tweet about this giveaway with a link back; you must also be following @LoveThatMax. Here's a tweet: Win a $75 Staples gift card from @LoveThatMax, ends 9/4, http://tinyurl.com/249uqxf
• Subscribe to the Love That Max feed; you can do that here or another way, and leave a comment saying how you subscribed
• Follow Staples on Twitter
• Follow this blog on Blogger.
• Post about this giveaway on Facebook with a link back or blog about it.
This Staples giveaway is open until Saturday September 4, 11:59 p.m., and is for U.S. and Canadian residents. I'll randomly choose two winners, announce them here, and send out e-mail alerts. Good luck!
Note: I received some Staples products at the event, but the opinions and shopping addictions noted here are my own.
UPDATE: The winners of the two $75 gift cards are B. Wilson and Leslie. Congrats! And thanks to everyone for entering and sharing your memories, loved reading them.