1. Your child says a new consonant, sound or word. A whole sentence? Alert the Internets!
2. Your child discovers a new way to make his wants and needs known, whether gesturing, shaking his head, using his eyes or tapping on a speech app.
3. Your child finally gets what it means to engage on a playdate.
4. Your child learns to stay away from danger, like a hot stove.
5. Your child learns how to photobomb.
6. Your child asks if he can stay up 5 minutes longer, demonstrating both a grasp of time and the ability to manipulate you. Wheeee!
7. Your child starts saying "Sorry" appropriately.
8. Your child goes to the fridge and chooses what he wants. Asserting independence: an amazing thing.
8. Your child discovers how to shop on Amazon.com.
9. Your child becomes aware of where he lives—street address, for starters.
10. Your child pinpoints exactly what annoys his sibling. Pure genius.
11. Your child realizes he has the power to move a finger, an arm, a foot. (May he never master the eye roll.)
12. Your child grasps a tangible concept like front and back.
13. Your child grasps an intangible concept like yesterday, today and tomorrow.14. Your child figures out how to turn on the TV, DVD or Wii. Too much screen time? Perhaps but whoa, he figured it out.
15. Your child gives you a kiss because he senses you really need one—Emotional I.Q. at its best.