Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Holiday giveaway: Win a box of premium fruit
This is Max's favorite fruit in the whole wide world. The second he tried mashed pears as a seven-month-old, he was hooked. And unlike sweet potatoes, they don't turn him funny colors.
News flash: It's National Pear Month! Other eye-opening bits of info: To see if a pear is ripe, check the neck. If it yields to pressure, it's good to go; by the time a pear gets mushy around the middle, its overly ripe. Oh, and if you want to keep your pears looking great (I like to display a bunch in a glass bowl on our dining room table with cranberries scattered in, so very Martha of me), dip them in a solution of 50 percent water and 50 percent lemon juice. Thanks to USA Pears for those tidbits, and for giving away this Pear Medley from The Fruit Company. Two four-pound boxes are up for grabs, worth $30 each. I've tried these pears and they are sweet and juicy, just like my kids.
To enter, leave a comment below about whether you are pear-shaped (bigger on bottom), apple-shaped (busty), or banana-shaped (slim and tall). I'm an apple, all the way.
BONUS ENTRIES: After you leave your main comment, you can leave a separate comment for each of the following that you have done.
• Tweet about this giveaway and leave a comment with your Tweet time stamp (translation for Twitter newbies like me: click on the time below the Tweet, which shows you the URL). You can use this Tweet:
Win a box of premium fruit from @LoveThatMax, 2 winners, ends 12/20, http://lovethatmax.blogspot.com
• Follow LoveThatMax on Twitter.
• Subscribe to the To The Max feed; you can do that here, or another way, and leave a comment saying how you subscribed.
• Join the To The Max fan page on Facebook.
• Follow this blog on Blogger.
• Blog about the giveaway on your blog or website, and link back here. Leave a comment with the URL.
This giveaway is open until Sunday, Dec 20, 11:59 EST, and is for U.S. and Canadian residents. I'll pick two winners on randomizer.org, announce them on Monday, Dec 21 and send e-mails. Note, if you don't have a Blogger account (or an email listed on your Blogger account) you must leave your email.
Update: This giveaway is now closed.