27 minutes ago
Monday, August 30, 2010
An incredibly inspiring video on disabilities, and other good stuff
A big thumbs up from me and the monkey to this incredibly inspiring and moving video, along with these sweepstakes and giveaways (none of which involve a monkey, this photo just made me smile).
• This summer marks the 20th anniversary of the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), a landmark piece of legislation that protected people with disabilities from discrimination and promoted their full inclusion in education, employment, transportation, public accommodation and elsewhere. Check out this video, "20 Years of the ADA," created by The Center for Independence of the Disabled, NY. Make sure you're not anywhere near your sleeping kids when you watch it, because afterward, you will want to stand up and shout "YEAH!!!!!!!" Thanks for telling me about this, Laura, and for all of your support.
• Care.com and Gilt Groupe are offering a chance to win services up to $15,000. The grand prize winner will receive an "extra pair of hands" to help with whatever's needed—child care, house care, pet care! Five second-place winners will each get a $500 gift card to shop Gilt Children. Fifty third-place winners will snag a one-year Premium Membership to care.com. The sweepstakes ends on September 15, you can enter by going to Gilt Children's Facebook page and clicking on "Enter To Win" on the top tab.
• Mike, dad to the adorable Marissa, is giving away a really nice paci blanket from Palookie. Check it out! He's a good guy who blogs to raise awareness about infantile spasms.
• Staples $75 gift card giveaway happening right here, for anyone who needs school supplies and/or has a severe Post-it addiction.
• And now, the last shameless self promotion you will hear from me in a while: Tomorrow is the final day to vote for the Parents Connect Best Parenting Blog award this blog is up for. If you like Love That Max, feel free to vote. You'll be entered to win $1000, and I'll remember all of you when I am president someday. Or something like that.