4 hours ago
Monday, February 15, 2010
Kid goodies giveaway: a DVD that encourages kids to be more helpful
OK, so the kids are not going to start cleaning the house or whipping up dinner after watching this Lend A Helping Hand DVD, but they will get some great food for thought about how to better help others.
Sprout's Band of Bloggers recently sent me the DVD to check out. It has an all-star cast—we're talking Barney, Angelina Ballerina, Bob The Builder, Fireman Sam and Thomas & Friends, and it's hosted by Kelly and Chica from The Sunny Side Up Show. They're part of Sprout's Let's Grow DVD line. The stories are all about what it means to be helpful, caring and a good friend. Sabrina best loves the Angelina Ballerina episode in which Angelina gives away one of her old dolls, then regrets it. Max is fascinated by the Fireman Sam story, which involves chaos surrounding a broken washing machine and lots of helpers. I think the stories have given the kids new perspective; as Sabrina says, "It's good to help other people because...it's good." Hey, we're getting there.
I have two Lend a Helping Hand DVDs to give away. To enter, leave a comment about how your mom taught you to be helpful in this world. One thing my mom used to do when we were out is escort little old ladies across the street; to this day, I do the same. Although once, someone thought I was about to mug her and slammed me with her purse.
Note, you must leave your e-mail address if yours is not visible on your blog.
BONUS ENTRIES: After you leave your main comment, leave a separate comment for each of the following that you have done:
• Follow Sprout on Twitter.
• Follow LoveThatMax on Twitter.
• Tweet about this giveaway and leave a comment with your Tweet time stamp (translation for Twitter newbies: click on the time below the Tweet, which shows you the URL). You can use this Tweet: Win the Sprout DVD Lend A Helping Hand, two winners, ends 2/22, http://lovethatmax.blogspot.com
• Subscribe to the To The Max feed; you can do that here, or another way, and leave a comment saying how you subscribed.
• Follow this blog on Blogger.
• Join the To The Max fan page on Facebook.
This giveaway is open until Monday February 22, 2010, 11:59 p.m. EST, and is for U.S. and Canadian residents. I'll pick the winner via randomizer.org, announce the winner the next day, and alert you by e-mail. Good luck!
Posted by Ellen Seidman at 3:51 PM