2 hours ago
Monday, June 8, 2009
The wow list: How has your child impressed you recently?
I'm headed back from my college reunion, will tell you about that tomorrow. In case you're wondering, I didn't get arrested or anything for bad behavior on campus, although Sabrina did. Meanwhile, thought I'd take a minute to celebrate—who else?—Max. And your kids!
Things Max recently did that wowed me:
• Held a Rice Krispies treat in the shape of Mickey Mouse and ate the whole darn thing. Cavities? Who cares! He grasped the stick for about 15 minutes; for a kid who has such challenges holding things, that was pretty amazing. I need to figure out other ways to use his sweet tooth to his advantage, methinks.
• Went for a haircut and didn't wig out, not one bit. Seemed excited, even.
• Said the words "pink lemonade" (that sweet tooth again)!
• Ran a base (I can't tell you how many times I've watched that video)
• Typed his name on a computer screen.
OK, your turn to boast about your kids!
Posted by Ellen Seidman at 12:35 AM