...Max's laugh. Laughter is the theme this week over at I Heart Faces. How could I resist? Especially given the day we had yesterday.
I can still vividly recall the first time Max ever laughed. He was about three months old, we were hanging out in bed, I made a raspberry and suddenly, he guffawed. For me, hearing that laugh went way beyond the usual delight of a parent witnessing a baby doing something for the first time. I was so excited to get a reaction from him, so encouraged to see that the wheels were turning in his brain, so eager to prove the doctors wrong who told us Max could have serious mental retardation.
Stuff that makes Max giggle now:
• When you drop things.
• When you put him on your shoulder and jog around the house.
• Doing "This little piggie" on his toes.
• When you chase after him and pretend to be a monster.
• The scene in Cars when Lightening McQueen is talking to himself and saying, "No, No, No" and then "Yes, Yes, Yes."
• When Aunt Judy and Babba walk in the door for a visit.
• When I pretend to nibble on him and eat him up, body part by body part.
What makes your child crack up?