Saturday, February 21, 2009
Welcome to the Oscar Awards!
Oh, alright, it's not the Oscars, but it's a heck of a lot more meaningful. And I did put on my red sequined gown to write this.
Thanks to Ally from Ally in Wonderland for the Lemonade Award. In the immortal words of Sally Field: "You like me! Right now, you like me!" I hereby bequeath this to the following bloggers, who have an amazingly optimistic attitude and a whole lot of spirit:
* Lisa (and Andy!) over at Elijahland
* Jess at Connor's Song
* Sarah and her mom at Class of 2008
* Debbie at Amazing Amelia
* Katy over at Bird on the Street
* Angi at Elizabeth Ann
* Michelle at Big Blueberry Eyes
Thanks, too, to a new friend, Keri, over at Life of Logan for giving me the Noblesse award, which she says is presented to bloggers who display consistency in any one or a combination of these conditions:
1. The blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2. The blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3. There is a clear purpose at the blog; one that fosters a better understanding on social, political, economic, the arts, culture and sciences and beliefs.
4. The blog is refreshing and creative.
5. The blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
I am supposed to write a little bit about the purpose of my blog before I pass the award along, so here goes:
I started this blog to connect with other parents, especially ones who have kids with special needs. I wanted to relate (having a child with disabilities can feel so lonely), share experiences, trade advice. I also wanted to encourage parents with very young kids, as I went through hell during the first couple of years of Max's life and there was a lot of stuff I wish I'd known then (I once did a post about that). Oh, and I wanted to laugh. Lots.
And now (envelope, please), the award goes to...
* Marcela at Pray for Nathan Dorje. She's been on amazing journey of self-discovery, and has been great about sharing what she's learned.
* Attila the Mom at Cheaper Than Therapy. Outspoken and hysterically funny (as if you couldn't tell by her name).
Last, my friend Lyla over at Globetrotting Bride gave me the Picture Tag Award. Instructions are:
1) Go to your pictures on your computer
2) Go to your 6th folder
3) Choose the 6th picture in that folder and post it, with an explanation
Lisa at It's The Little Things, tag, you're it!
Here's my photo, taken Dec 21, 2004. Max, who had just turned two, had just started crawling around on all fours and we were so thrilled.
BTW, if you don't care to pass along the award or don't have time or both, no worries. I am not a believer in bad karma. Those chain e-mails always end with me. :)
Posted by Ellen Seidman at 7:00 AM